I’ve been working on a project on and off for the past year to create an SEO Tool that I couldn’t find anywhere else. I wanted to create something that ticked the following four boxes:
- Automatically and instantly crawl a site, not just give results on a single page
- Check for common problems like missing titles, meta descriptions etc
- Check for spelling mistakes on both the pages and meta description (the latter I see as very important, but often overlooked)
- Be an online solution, I want to be able to run it on my iPad or even my phone
There’s a few solutions that come close. The terrific Screaming Frog, which unfortunately doesn’t do spellchecking and isn’t hosted, and Deep Trawl, which does check spelling (really well too) but isn’t self hosted. There’s similar hosted tools like SEOMoz, but they won’t run on demand in realtime.
So I present Craawler.
Craawler is completely free, runs in realtime in your browser window and checks the following:
- Social metrics like +1s, Tweets and Likes in each page
- Spelling errors in six languages
- SEO optimisation suggestions for onpage text, meta descriptions, titles and more
- Overall site checks like XML Sitemaps, Robots.txt etc
In the last 6 months it’s checked 2,600 sites. I encourage suggestions, bugs and feedback on the tool